Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My new favorite.




I read this really great S.britt interview on Grain Edit.


He is really freakin' funny. I especially enjoyed his creative process employing crayons, for obvious reasons.

Read up on a few of his influences:

Raindrops on rummies and whiskers on women
Bright copper swamp stills and buck naked swimmin’
Covered in calamine, to soothe the wasp stings
These are a few of my favorite things!

Big Chief tablets and Sharpies for doodles
Schlitz and tuna fish and Top Ramen noodles
In a tattered blue bathrobe, fit for a king
These are a few of my favorite things!

Raccoons and hobos that go through your trashes
Thirty-one bite marks and red swollen scratches
A dozen more rabies shots just before spring
These are a few of my favorite things!

When the rent’s late, when the water breaks
When I’m feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things and then I don’t feel so bad!


http://grainedit.com/2010/02/10/sbritt-interview/

No comments:

Post a Comment